Special language needs
- Courses in your mother tongue: see international schools
- French courses to be able to integrate national schools:
- Extra school language learning activities
- Language schools in Switzerland (Geneva and Vaud)
Learning difficulties resulting from emotional, behavioural, neurological or physical problems
To find the most appropriate solution (therapy and/or establishment) for your child, please do not hesitate to contact the Social Affairs Service for more information.
- Special education in Geneva (French only)
- Special education in Canton of Vaud (French only)
- Schooling and special educational needs in France (French only):
Support group for parents
The goal of these groups is to find support from each other as well as to share information on resources:
- ASK - All Special Kids
Swiss and Geneva-based, initially for Anglophone parents. Since 2009/2010, there is also a francophone section.
- Special Kids - CH
Swiss-based blog to share information amongst parents.
Only for staff members and fellows
CERN pays specific education fees for a child with disabilities which:
- is unable to meet the requirements of an educational establishment under normal conditions,
- requires supervision in a specialised institute after completing full-time education.
The procedure for recognition is explained in the Admin e-guide (requires CERN login).
Only for members of CHIS with normal coverage
For coordination with other benefits paid for children with disabilities by CERN, please refer to this note.