Special language needs
- Courses in your mother tongue: see international schools
- French courses to be able to integrate national schools:
- Extra school language learning activities
- Language schools in Switzerland (Geneva and Vaud)
Learning difficulties resulting from emotional, behavioural, neurological or physical problems
To find the most appropriate solution (therapy and/or establishment) for your child, please do not hesitate to contact the Social Affairs Service for more information.
- Special education in Geneva (French only)
- Special education in Canton of Vaud (French only)
- Schooling and special educational needs in France (French only)
Support groups for parents
The goal of these groups is to find support from each other as well as to share information on resources.
- ASK - All Special Kids
Swiss and Geneva-based, initially for Anglophone parents. Since 2009/2010, there is also a francophone section
- Special Kids - CH
Swiss-based blog to share information amongst parents.
Only for staff members and fellows
CERN pays specific education fees for a child with disabilities which:
- is unable to meet the requirements of an educational establishment under normal conditions,
- requires supervision in a specialised institute after completing full-time education.
The procedure for recognition is explained in the Admin e-guide (requires CERN login).
Only for members of CHIS with normal coverage
For coordination with other benefits paid for children with disabilities by CERN, please refer to this note.