The procedure hereunder describes the process in view of the award of an indefinite contract.
The limited duration to indefinite contract exercise (LD2IC exercise) is held once per year.
Vacancy Notices (VNs) are published during summer and CERN Contract Review Boards (CCRBs) are held in autumn.
The applicable procedure in view of the award of an indefinite contract is defined in Administrative Circular No. 2 (rev.7).
The procedure involves the department in which the indefinite contract post is opened, the Human Resources Advisers (HRAs) and the Panel for the award of an indefinite contract (CCRB Panel members). CCRB Panel Members are proposed by the Department Heads and appointed by the Director General.
The process is coordinated by the CCRB planning team (HR Frontline group and Panel Chairperson).
All staff members
- still holding a limited duration contract on 31 December of the year concerned
- having successfully completed their probation period on 31 August at the latest of the year concerned
- applying for a post of an equal or higher grade and corresponding to a benchmark job covering the same grade span or a higher grade span.
Please consult the Benchmark jobs list.
Pursuant to the principles of the CERN Code of Conduct, the process must be conducted in strict confidentiality. This implies that information shall not be disclosed to anyone outside the CCRB panel carrying out the assessment for a given post.
Documentation and key resources
Example for a reference of the candidate (ROC)
The CERN Competency Model has been updated in 2018.
Specific information regarding the current LD2IC exercise
List of posts opened in view of the award of indefinite contracts in 2018 (link updated as soon as the information is available)
Preliminary boards dates in 2018 (link updated as soon as the information is available; may be subject to change).
The contract review boards (interviews with the candidates) take place from September to November.
Candidates are expected to be available during this period.
VN publication (page updated on 01.08.2018)
The vacancy notices for posts opened in view of the award of an indefinite contract are published on 1 August 2018 and closed on 31 August 2018 at noon (12:00 pm Geneva time). No application will be accepted after this deadline.
Eligible candidates may apply, at their own initiative, for any IC posts for which they are qualified anywhere in the Organization.
A dedicated application form must be filled out for each vacancy notice published on careers.cern.
In addition to this form the candidates will be asked to provide
- a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae and
- 2 references (ROC). These two forms must be filled out and uploaded by the referees through the link included in the application acknowledgment. Candidates must provide the blank ROC together with the link to their referees. The candidates are solely responsible to ensure that the two referees are providing references in due time. They are notified by email once a reference is submitted.
It is important to note that a new application tracking system is available since May 2018.
If you are experiencing problems, you may contact the CCRB team or the Service Desk for help.
Information sessions for candidates (link to the presentation) are organised on the following dates
|Thursday 19 July||14:00 – 15:30||Training Center - 593 / room 11 (Meyrin)||French|
|Monday 23 July||14:00 – 15:30||BE Auditorium – 774-R-013 (Prevessin)||English|
|Thursday 2 August||14:00 – 15:30||Salle Bohr – 40-S2-B01 (Meyrin)||French|
|Thursday 9 August||10:30 – 12:00||BE Auditorium – 774-R-013 (Prevessin)||English|
|Tuesday 14 August||14:00 – 15:30||BE Auditorium – 6-2-024 (Meyrin)||English|