Diversity measures - implementation 1 January 2016
- Modernise policies and social benefits
- Improve social benefit equality between different types of legal unions
- Take families’ expectations into account
- Enhance professional/personal life balance
Measures & key features (click on title for further details).
- Full recognition of registered Partnerships
- Equal benefits for married and partnered couples during employment or association contract.
- Equal provisions regarding pension benefits, including survivor’s pension, for employed members of personnel.
- Parental Leave review
- Maximum duration extended from 3 to 4 months.
- Unpaid but child, family and infant allowances paid and health insurance coverage funded by the Organization.
- Maternity Leave review
- Part-time work possible during the last weeks of the prenatal period.
- Increased health protection for fellows on maternity leave at the end of their contract.
- Paternity Leave review
- Duration extended from 6 to 10 working days, and from 10 to 15 days under certain conditions.
- Increased Flexibility for New Parents
- Guaranteed access (if requested) to part-time work (min. 80%; max. 6 months).
- SLS Flexibility
- Reduction of the cost of the first SLS slice from 1.5% to 1% and of the second slice from 2.5% to 2%.
- Increased flexibility in the change / cancellation of subscription notice period.
- LTSLS Flexibility
- Possibility to use the long-term saved leave not only at the end of the contract but also for specific needs throughout the career (e.g. o care for a close relative suffering from a serious illness, or for professional development).
- Leave Donation
- Possibility to donate leave days for compassionate reasons (under strict conditions).
- Teleworking Flexibility
- Exceptional second day of teleworking under certain conditions (health condition, family circumstances).
- Introduction of teleworking for fellows.
- Possibility of occasional teleworking if approved by the hierarchy.
- Possibility of teleworking from another location than home.
- Dual Career / Ease of Social Integration
- Installation and re-installation indemnity
- Equal treatment for installation irrespective of spouse/registered partner moving to local area.
All related amendments to SRR, Administrative circulars and Operational circulars as required, are in progress.