A working group has been established to foster a better quality of working life at CERN and, in particular, to identify, remedy and prevent stress in the workplace. This multidisciplinary working group comprises people from the Human Resources (HR) department, the Health, Safety and Environmental protection (HSE) unit and the Staff Association, as well as the Ombud. Part of their work has been to analyse the stress prevention measures taken by other organisations and firms across Europe.
Support structures: (download the poster)
Are you looking for support? Do you need help? The following support structures are there for you.
- The Ombud (Tel. 73566, Bldg. 500/1-004): listening, guidance, mediation
- The Medical service (Tel. 73802 or 73186, Bldg. 57): medical and psychological care for health-related issues and stress symptoms
- Human resources: HR Advisors, HR Programme Coordinators, social workers (Tel. 79866 or 74701, Bldg 5 & 33): listening, advice, guidance, mediation
- Staff Association (CAPA, SA delegates - tel. 72819, Bldg. 64/R-010): listening, advice, support
Find an outlet for your energy, creativity and talents: find out more about CERN Clubs !
View short videos that invite you to reflect on the way one’s behaviour can affect our working environment, through a series of situations covering CERN's five values.
Related Bulletin articles:
- Tackling occupational Stress, Fabiola Gianotti, 25th October 2017
- Improving the quality of working life at CERN, 17th April 2018
- L’Institut national de recherche et de sécurité pour la prévention des accidents du travail et des maladies professionnelles
- Health and Safety Executive
Seminar "Improving the quality of working life at CERN" - Professor Sarnin (University of Lyon) - 2nd May 2018
Do you have any questions, comments or suggestions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org